It’s been two months since I finished my bench, and I finally got around to making “springs” for my bench dogs a couple of days ago. While the dogs are made from spotted gum, I was concerned that it was too brittle to take an 11 deg bend. As such I settled for good old pinus radiata. The contrasting timber add a nice touch too.
It is funny how such a simple thing can make a significant difference to usability. No longer do I need to hold the dog in place while I clamp, or swap out a dog for my one proof of concept model which had a spring.
Here they all are lined up like smart tin soldiers on the parade ground.
Then it’s time for rest, as they climb into their beds…
… and, goodnight.